Alfisti.co.uk Homepage
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Register Log in

8 valve heads on 16valve block?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfisti.co.uk Forum Index -> Alfa Boxer Section- General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: 8 valve heads on 16valve block? Reply with quote

I have an alfasud sprint 1700 8v race car. I am having the engine rebuilt. I have heard that using the 16 valve pistons is a good idea as it raises the compression. Also i've been told the crank and bolts are stronger in the 16 valve. I therefore thought it would be a good idea just to use the entire bottom end (block) of the 16 valve engine I have, and use my good 8valve heads?!?!

I am no mechanic, is this possible. will the 8 valve heads fit to the 16 valve block??
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm really not sure if this is possible. i think people have been put off putting 16v heads onto 8v blocks before, but not sure about the other way around.

There may or may not be timing problems.

the place to find out for sure is www.alfa-pages.co.uk forum. the real sud/ 33 experts will confirm.

please come back to this forum to let us know though!

Cheers,

john
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfisti.co.uk Forum Index -> Alfa Boxer Section- General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: